a

Sunday 7 October 2012

How to Affirm your way to happiness and the life of your dreams



What does affirm mean? It means to assert positively; to tell with confidence; to maintain as true; opposed to deny. I really love the meaning of this word. We really could stop this article at this point because the definition is so exact and so clear.  Affirmations are popular and powerful because they are simple, easy and they work. Affirmations reprogram your thought process, they change the way you think and feel. With affirmations you can replace negative beliefs that have been sabotaging you and no longer serve you with new beliefs that are positive and effective in making real changes in your life. With affirmations you can turn failure into success, you can turn a sour and negative attitude into a great and joyful attitude. You can change bad health into vibrant good health. In other words affirmations can enable you to achieve the life you have always dreamed of having.There are many ways to affirm. Affirmations can be verbal, mental or written but there is a certain format that make them work. · The statements must be positive. When your subconscious connect with the statement "I don't have money to pay my bills." It picks up the "don't have" and gives you more of what you "don't have." The goal here is to target subconscious negative beliefs and replace them with positive nurturing beliefs.· They must be formatted in the present as if they already exist. You would not say, "I plan to have money to pay my bills." Plan is a future event. · You must include yourself. I am, I Jane or I in the first person. · You must be consistent with repeating your affirmationsKeep your affirmations short, clear and so simple a child would understand them.This is a simple, clear and positive example of an affirmation: If you weight 180 pounds and your goal is to weigh 155 pounds you would state this: "I Jane Doe am healthy and I weight 155 pounds."Don't concern yourself about what diet you will use, what exercise program you will use. Those things will open up for you. You add the word "healthy" because you could get sick and loose the weight. This would not be good. State what you want and not what you do not want.The example above happened to me. I found it so interesting that I suddenly began to walk more, I watched what I ate, not dieting, I love swimming so I did that as much as possible. Suddenly my clothes fit and people began to comment about my weight loss. It was easy and so much fun. Almost automatic. No stress. I was delighted.If you want money to pay your bills you would state this: "I Jane Doe have more than enough money to pay all of my bills."When you affirm these statements over time you really begin to believe them as true and your subconscious has no choice but to make this happen for you. It also helps to add this statement at the end of your affirmation. " I accept this or something better." This shows you are not trying to control how you get what you intend to have.An affirm statement goes like this: " I have a wonderful job in sales that pay me $75,000 a year. I accept this or something better." When first using affirmations go easy on yourself. If you weight 300 pounds and want to lose 150 pounds affirm the weight lose in 25 pounds increments. If you earned 30,000 in your last sales job consider affirming $100,000 a year. Affirming $1,000,000 could happen but only if your belief system is in place. Continually repeating affirmations with conviction will chip away at the strongest resistance. If you use affirmations correctly they can manifest real and positive change in your life. When you affirm your statements you believe they are true. Your mind cannot hold two conflicting thoughts.You can speak your affirmations out loud and in front of a mirror. Try saying, "I like myself" in front of a mirror and not smile. Look yourself straight in the eye and affirm your message with emotion. The more emotion you exhibit the faster they will appear for you.You can sing your affirmations. Make a tune to hum and sing throughout your day. This is fun.You may choose to write your affirmations. Write them (10-20) times. Write them down each morning when you first get up or in the evening before you go to sleep. This imprints them on your brain.You can record your affirmations on your recorder or MP3 player. I use this approach.No matter which way you choose to affirm I know for a fact they work. I have used affirmations for many years to change bad habits and to get from life exactly what I want. With affirmations you can live your life by design not by default. So get started and have fun. Start with something you really want and affirm it in the present tense as if you already have it.No matter what you are dealing with or what problems you would like help with affirmations can make you feel better about yourself and your life. Affirmations work well with visualizations. Check that out.Love, tolerance and peace,Harriette Blye
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

a